The current Deeds Office turnaround times are:
1. On Tuesday 2 July 2013, 1st level examiners examined deeds lodged on 25 and 26 June 2013.
2. On Tuesday 2 July 2013, 2nd level examiners examined deeds lodged on 12 and 13 June 2013.
3. This translates into a turnaround time of between 15-16 working days in the examination phase.
4. The reality is that a batch of three deeds, i.e. a basic transfer, bond cancellation and new bond, actually took 19 working days to come up for registration as at Monday, 8 July 2013.
5. The Deeds Office can be approached after 7 days to expedite the transfer if a rates clearance is about to expire and they will accept an extended rates clearance in these situations. This is very helpful for the transferring attorneys.