Shirley Baillie and Meyer de Waal, both well-known on the sectional title environment and Government Subsidies to purchase a property will co-host a workshop focussed to provide information to practising estate agents.
Meyer will focus in how to boost and improve sales with access to Flip subsidies and Shirley on Sectional Title matters.
The workshops will be held on the following days:
• Mowbray 27/28 August
• Blouberg 1/2 September
• Somerset West – Middle September
Agents selling Sectional Title need to be knowledgeable and familiar with the intricacies of the Sectional Titles Act, its Prescribed Rules, as well as the Conduct Rules of the individual Body Corporate, in order to minimise the risk of being held responsible, e.g., for creating the wrong impression by failing to correct a possible misapprehension on the part of a buyer in terms of the Consumer Protection Act (see below for the relevant clauses).
Since the CPA has been in existence for a couple of years, the public is becoming much more aware of their rights. Cases are starting to appear and lawyers are longing to make a name in this relatively new area of law. Estate Agents are “sitting ducks” for claims.
It is so easy for an Estate Agent to make a mistake if he/she is not aware of the possible pitfalls, or where to find information. As a result, deals get held up with the conveyancer or at the Deeds office frustrating the seller and buyer and doing damage to the Agent’s reputation and cash flow!
So having a sound working knowledge of the Sectional Titles Act is what is needed for Estate Agents who are serious about making a good living in this very fast growing section of property sales.
AN INTRODUCTION TO THE SECTIONAL TITLES ACT
ESTATE AGENTS WHO SELL SECTIONAL TITLE
This two- morning interactive, training course gives a good understanding of the Sectional Titles Act, introducing & explaining the clauses most relevant to sectional title sales. It makes sectional title understandable, offers many examples and is presented by Shirley Baillie who has been involved in Sectional Title, in many different capacities, for 30 years.
The cost per person is R1500 (no vat) bulk & early bird discounts available!
This will assist with:
• increasing your level of professionalism
• reducing your risk of falling short of the CPA
• minimising problems relating to transfers
• building up your credibility in the S T market
• empowering yourself
• increasing your confidence & understanding of ST complexities
The topics include:
• The background to Sectional Title
• What you own when invest in Sectional Title
• Comparisons between Home Owners and Sectional Title
• Plans & Title Deeds – the important of the information thereon
• The intricacies of Common Property including Exclusive use areas
• The functions and responsibilities of Key Role Players
• How do ST rules relate to tenants
• Managed versus self-managed complexes
• Key aspects of the finances
• Alterations, maintenance and use of sections
• The relevance of The Rules
• Insurance values versus market and municipal values
• Creating awareness of possible pitfalls relating to the CPA
ALSO INCLUDED IN THE PRESENTATION IS AN OVERVIEW ON FINANCIAL FITNESS, presented by lawyer and entrepreneur, Meyer de Waal, designer of the two innovative products Financial Fitness and Rent2Buy which assists people in achieving their dreams of owning property. .Meyer will be giving an insight and understanding of how to assist your customers in accessing the first time home owner’s subsidy which is available from the Government, Great for assisting sales!
All of the above will assist in making more sales possible for YOU – especially with Sectional Title being the prime source of entry into the property market for first time owners.
Learn more, have the tools to assist people to achieve their goals, and you can only increase your earning capacity!
For more information – firstname.lastname@example.org